“I participated in an Ambassador Program on behalf of Influence Central for Hood Cream. I received product samples as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation.” #CookWithHood
Hood Cream makes it possible to recreate some delicious restaurant-quality dishes in your own kitchen. Hood Cream is readily available in my local grocery store, so I can always get some when I go shopping.
Hood Cream partnered with Chef Chris Coombs to launch its first-ever E-Cookbook, “Chef Creations Inspired by Hood Cream.” Chef Coombs is a renowned Boston Chef and chef/owner of Deuxave, dbar, and Boston Chops. This year, Chef Chris Coombs is the official spokesperson and chef of Hood® Cream, making it easy for cooks at home to create restaurant-quality dishes using Hood® Cream at home.
Top Chefs such as Chef Coombs prefer cooking with Hood Cream since it is the highest quality cream. Chefs trust Hood Cream products. Chef Coombs knows personally how great Hood Cream is since both his grandfather and great-grandfather worked for Hood!
I downloaded the E-Cookbook, and so can you. This free, interactive E-cookbook debuted on 9/28/15 and has more than 25 recipes you can try at home. These recipes are exclusive recipes made with Hood Cream so cooks at home can create chef-quality meals that taste great. Chefs use Hood Cream as a key ingredient to create delicious dishes, whether they’re cooking at home or in a restaurant setting.
The E-cookbook also includes two special seasonal menus – a summertime tasting menu and a holiday spread, each designed by Chef Coombs. These menus are great for entertaining. Chef Coombs includes notes on each recipe with special tips.
“Chef Creations Inspired by Hood Cream” has great interactive features such as being able to download and take with you on your tablet, computer or phone. The social media buttons make it easy to share your favorite recipes on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter.
The “Cook View” mode makes it easy to follow your recipe hands-free. There are recipes for everything from Braised Pork Nachos, Pumpkin Bisque and Banana Cream Pie. See the difference a high quality cream makes.
I decided to make the “Creamy Mashed Potatoes” from the E-cookbook. These potatoes are amazing, and I’m sure you’ll want to try them, too.
- 2½ lbs. of peeled potatoes
- ¾ lb. of butter, cubed and kept cold
- 1½ cups Hood® Heavy Cream
- 1¼ cups sour cream
- 2½ oz. prepared horseradish
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Chives (for garnish)
- Peel and quarter potatoes and place in large pot with cold salted water (about ½ cup of salt), covering the potatoes by one inch.
- Bring up to a simmer and cook until potatoes are fork tender.
- Heat Hood®Heavy Cream in separate pot (do not boil over).
- While cream is heating, strain cooked potatoes, place in a large bowl with cold butter and mash until smooth.
- Incorporate Hood Heavy Cream using a rubber spatula to desired consistency and add all other ingredients.
- Season the potatoes with salt and pepper to taste and serve.