For 1 week, both my husband and I had an opportunity to test drive the 2013 Kia Sorento. We both enjoyed it tremendously and we founded the pros definitely ourweighed the cons.
The Features we liked the best were...
- Optional Sportronic Transmission - Which gives the driver the sensation of driving a manual stick shift even though the car is an automatic.
- In Dash Navigation System - Very easy to use and guarantees that you never get lost. We used it to find a bowling alley that we had no idea how to get to.
- Blue-Tooth Compatibility - The ability to make a call over the radio through blue tooth. I specifically enjoyed it as it gave me the ability to make much needed phone calls while keeping my hands on the wheel and my eyes on the road. This would be a very good option for those in states which mandate hands free.
- Double-Moon Roof - We especially liked this as it gave the kids the opportunity to look through the roof and see things going by.
- The surpise roominess of the interior - Based on the look of the outside we were surpised to find that it fit up to seven people. With a 3rd row seat that folds down to increase storage space.
- The controls on the steering wheel - They are very accessible and control everything on the radio, cruise control, and the blue tooth phone option.
With all those pros the only con we found was that it was a little sluggish on excelleration. When you have to excellerate quickly the trasmission pauses a bit between 1st and 2nd gear which could cause an issue.
While The Kia Sorento is a little pricey, I personally think it is a great car and I would totally recommend it to anyone.