“This post was sponsored by Honey Bunches of Oats Chocolate as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central. I received complimentary products to facilitate my review.” #HBOChocGF #IC #AD
Sticking to a gluten free diet while still enjoying delicious flavor can be quite challenging, especially for kids! With all the sugary cereals out there it can be hard to convince children to eat bland, unexciting cereals.
Honey Bunches of Oats Chocolate provides kids and adults a yummy option for a gluten free diet. The crispy, crunchy flavor combined with yummy chocolate is perfect for anyone, whether they are watching their consumption of gluten or not!
My kids absolutely love Honey Bunches of Oats Chocolate and actually ate handfuls of them as snacks throughout the day. They are a perfect replacement for sugary chocolate snacks and so much healthier.
One of our favorite recipes using the cereal is Black Forest Cake. The recipe goes like this:
- 2 cups Honey Bunches of Oats Chocolate cereal
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherry juice
- 1 box (15.25 ounces) Devil's Food Cake Mix (GF if needed), unprepared
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1–1/4 cups prepared whipped cream
- 1/4 cup Honey Bunches of Oats Chocolate cereal
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 10 maraschino cherries
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Using a food processor, grind the Honey Bunches of Oats Chocolate cereal into a fine powder; set aside.
- Lightly coat the bottom and sides of a 9 x 13 inch cake pan with cooking spray. Spread both cans of cherry pie filling in the bottom of the pan. Top cherry pie filling with a layer of the ground Honey Bunches of Oats Chocolate cereal. Drizzle cherry juice over the ground cereal. Top with the dry, unprepared cake mix, ensuring it is evenly spread out over the entire pan. Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake for 1 hour. Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes before topping and serving.
- To serve, scoop the Black Forest Cake into a bowl. Top with 2 Tablespoons of whipped cream, 1 teaspoon cereal, 1 teaspoon almonds and finish with a maraschino cherry.
Everyone in my family loves this recipe, and it’s such an amazingly delicious dessert that we are happy to include it in our gluten free lifestyle. Definitely try the above recipe, and your family will love you for it! It's also a fantastic dessert to bring with you to social events. It's always a hit!
I've incorporated Honey Bunches of Oats Chocolate into my kids diet to give them a variety of healthy snack options. I have to admit, my husband and I also find ourselves going to the pantry and choosing them as a snack. Out of all our cereal options, Honey Bunches is the one I can't seem to keep on the shelf!
I’m happy to share and recommend Honey Bunches of Oats Chocolate to both people who enjoy a regular diet and those who follow a gluten free diet. With all the cereal options out there this one is not just a simple and healthy choice but an obvious one.
Go out and pick up a box or two today and try them for yourself! I can guarantee you’ll soon make them a part of your every day gluten free lifestyle.
Disclaimer: While Honey Bunches of Oats Chocolate complies with FDA Gluten Free labeling requirements, it is not manufactured in a dedicated facility. All ingredients, ingredient suppliers and production lines are thoroughly tested at multiple levels of production and evaluated to assure there is no risk of cross-contact contamination. As gluten intolerances and sensitivities vary from person to person, we encourage you to use your best discretion when choosing foods safe for you. Honey Bunches of Oats Chocolate aims to provide a delicious cereal for all members of the family to enjoy, including those with gluten sensitivities or allergies. Enjoy!